Magnificent Historic Beaux Arts Mansion
Listed at: $10,400,000.00
Presenting 34 Presidio Terrace
Nestled amongst the beautiful villas and lush landscaping of exclusive Presidio Terrace, one of San Francisco’s most prestigious private gated communities, this magnificent historic mansion sits on a level double lot and comprises over 8,300 square feet of living space. The property was meticulously remodeled over a two year period recently with a superb level of luxury finishes and features six bedrooms, six and one half baths, grand entrance hall with columns and marble staircase, expansive living room with stone fireplace, elegant formal dining room, state of the art gourmet kitchen with adjacent family room and fireplace, family/media room with huge skylight, luxurious master suite with fireplace, cozy library with wall-to-wall bookcases, billiard room and game/hobby room, wine cellar, steam/sauna, three car garage and level side gardens for indoor-outdoor living.
This estate home was originally designed by world renowned architect George Applegarth in 1911 and extensively renovated by architect Steven Geizler. It is designed for both luxurious and comfortable living as well as gracious entertaining on a grand scale. Presidio Terrace is one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in San Francisco with gated entrance, private roads and security patrol. Noted homeowners have included a Senator, Congressman, Mayor and Consul General.
- The spectacular facade features a classic balustrade, central marble portico with Ionic columns, seven identical arched openings on the ground floor, and exquisite dentils garlands, friezes and medallions topped with lion’s heads as decorative elements—truly one of the finest examples of Beaux Arts-style architecture in the City
- There is a lovely private side garden off the kitchen surrounded by manicured hedges and accessed via a barbecuing deck
- Off the living room is also another secluded, level garden shielded by hedges
- The front of the home is graced by elegant, classical landscaping including topiary, shrubs and flowering plants
- A sensational, grand-scale, Neo-Classical style white marble entrance hall with Ionic columns and pilasters, a gorgeous double marble staircase create a dramatic first impression upon entering the home- a perfect entry for luxurious living and gracious entertaining
- The exquisitely proportioned living room with Palladian-style windows, built-in wet bar, gorgeous hardwood floors, double moldings, Ionic pilasters, six built-in speakers, an alcove perfect for grand piano, and a classic woodburning fireplace with gas starter
- Off the living room is an intimate library with stunning bird’s-eye maple paneling and built-ins, silver leafed ceiling by Willem Racké, built-in speakers and fireplace
- An elegant formal dining room features Palladian windows, hardwood floors and moldings
- The fabulous gourmet chef’s kitchen is open to the great room and features numerous amenities including a cooking fireplace with copper surround and granite hearth, hardwood floors, granite island with double sinks, extra storage and glass counter, Sub-Zero refrigerator, U-Line beverage refrigerator in the bar area, six burner gas Thermador range with copper hood and storage drawers, Asko dishwasher, compactor, Thermador convection thermal double oven, built-in Kitchen-Aid microwave, two warming drawers, four built-in speakers, glass tile backsplash, pantry with built-ins, moldings, recessed and chandelier lighting, trompe l’oeil sky ceiling, lovely outlooks of the Terrace, and access to the charming garden via a barbeque deck
- The great room/family room is open to the kitchen and enjoys a large skylight with retractable cover, as well as a sophisticated entertainment system including projection screen, surround sound, CD/DVD/TIVO player, and a large screen television
- An elegant tented powder room and two guest closets complete this level of the home
- Accessed via the dramatic marble split staircase, the large upstairs landing enjoys City lights views and a large beamed skylight
- The luxurious master bedroom suite features silver leaf walls by Willem Racké, free-form fireplace with marble hearth, lovely outlooks of the Terrace, his and hers closets with maple built-ins, dressing room with sound system, and a spacious marble bath with heated floors, glass double sinks, two water closets (one with bidet), dual headed glass shower, separate jacuzzi tub and glass tiled walls
- North bedroom suite with Sisal carpeting closet with built-ins and a marble bath with separate shower and tub
- Northwest bedroom suite has a chic black and white tiled bath with glass shower, pedestal sink and skylight
- Southwest bedroom suite also features blue and white tiled bath with shower/tub
- A laundry and utility room with side by side washer/dryer and the upper floor furnace complete this level of the home
- The large family/game room has hardwood floors, built-ins, copper covered woodburing fireplace with gas starter, game table, recessed and track lighting, moldings, DSL wiring and built-in sound system
- Billiard room with sisal flooring, wall mounted television and Vantage lighting
- Gym with sink, shelves, moldings and sauna
- A honeycomb-tiled guest bath with steam shower and sauna with sound system is adjacent to the home gym
- The temperature-controlled 1,000 plus bottle wine cellar features BreezeAire and stained concrete floors
- The three car garage feature work space, wall-mounted speakers and built-ins
- The au-pair or guest quarters comprise a bedroom with sink and refrigerator, closet with built-ins and tiled bath with shower/tub
- Under the stairs are a laundry closet with stacked washer/dryer
- A utility room with two furnaces, one for lower level, one for main level, and the systems for security, phone, computers link-ups, audio/visual and steam shower mechanism completes this level of the home
- Three security system controls throughout the home including one on this level.
HOA Fees: $2,050 per quarter includes security service and common area gardening.
To Show: By appointment only with the exclusive Listing Agent.